If you’re planning on moving across the country, you may be on a tight schedule for arriving at your new location. This could mean that driving your vehicle may not be possible if you want to get there on time. In this scenario, having an auto transport service haul your vehicle to your new location may be the best option for ensuring that it’s at your new location waiting for you. Although you do have the option of working with a broker, you’ll probably be more comfortable and have more peace of mind when dealing with an auto transport service directly.
What’s involved in shipping my vehicle cross-country?
Entrusting your vehicle to a vehicle shipping company can be stressful and worrisome, especially if you haven’t done some comparisons where the services offered are concerned. Other than your home, your vehicle is probably the largest investment you’ve made recently. So, there’s a good chance that it has some sentimental value and that you’d want it protected while on its way to your new location.
While long-distance vehicle shipping comes with certain logistical challenges, you won’t have to worry about anything other than paying for the service when you’re dealing with our company. We have an extensive carrier network that specializes in cross-country vehicle transport and take a great deal of pride in providing different options for shipping your vehicle across the U.S.
There are a number of factors involved in shipping a vehicle cross-country that influence the price you’ll pay. Other factors include:
- shipping route
- size and type of vehicle (one of the main factors)
- type of transport chosen (enclosed or open)
- vehicle condition
There are other factors to consider that may or may not influence the cost to ship your vehicle cross-country such as the date you need your vehicle at your new location. It’s always best to book your auto transport as far in advance as possible. If you need expedited service such as a quick pick-up and/or faster delivery, we can manage that for you at a slightly higher cost.
How do I prepare my vehicle for shipping?
Some preparation is required when shipping your vehicle across the country. Here is what we recommend doing before your vehicle is picked up:
- Be sure to wash your vehicle before your vehicle is picked up as dirt and dust can hide dents, dings, and scratches.
- Clean the vehicle’s interior and remove any personal items that aren’t secured.
- Disable the alarm system.
- Inform the transport driver of any existing leaks and mechanical issues.
- Leave a 1/4 of a tank of gas in the vehicle at most.
- Lock the vehicle and give the transport driver a full set of keys.
- Make sure the tires are properly inflated so there is no damage when the vehicle is being loaded and unloaded.
- Remove all custom accessories including antennas, luggage racks, spoilers, etc.
Barring any unforeseen events, following the above steps will ensure that your vehicle arrives at its destination in the same condition that it was in when it was picked up. We ensure that your vehicle is delivered damage free and on time, each time.
What are my shipping options?
Most auto transport companies offer two options for shipping your vehicle – enclosed carrier or open-air trailer. The same holds true with our company. So how do you decide which option to choose? Here is how they compare:
- Enclosed auto transport – this option provides the greatest amount of protection and security. If you’re shipping an antique, collectible/classic, or exotic vehicle, this is the most recommended shipping option. The downside is that it costs you more.
- Open-air auto transport – this is the most cost-effective option and fastest shipping method. For individuals who are working with a tight budget, this is the best choice. There are more open-air carriers on the road, so booking this option is much easier.
With either option, your vehicle will be handled by an experienced team of professionals who’ve been thoroughly trained in all facets of vehicle shipping. Ultimately, the decision is yours. We understand that your vehicle is extremely important to you. That’s why it will be treated with the same care and respect that we treat our own. Additionally, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that we are fully insured in the event that your vehicle incurs any damage during transit.
With Exotic Car Transport, your search for a reliable and cost-effective shipping service ends here. We have a large network of professional shipping agents and we would be glad to assist you through the complete process. This will ensure that you are aware of the safety procedures we undertake to make sure your vehicle is delivered to you safely. To know more about our services, please schedule an appointment and get a no-obligation, FREE quote today.