When you think of the word antique, the word “old” probably comes to mind. This is not a wrong assumption, but when it comes to antique cars, you probably would never believe some of the cars you see on the road are considered antiques.
What is an Antique Car?
Most antique car dealers will classify an antique car as any vehicle that is over 45 years old from the date of manufacture. This means that a lot of these cars have had to be restored. Restoration often involves finding and changing expensive car parts. A lot of bodywork might have been necessary if it was a full restoration. This includes fixing the outside of the car. Paint jobs on antique cars are often custom. They require a particular style and grace.
Value of an Antique Car
You can put a monetary value on just about everything, but for an avid collector and restoration specialist, most antique cars are considered priceless. Restoration is expensive, especially when some parts may have become obsolete over the years. That is why Exotic Car Transport treats your antique car just like they would treat an exotic or luxury vehicle.
Highest Level of Protection
Most restoration specialists and antique car owners don’t want to drive the vehicle too much. This can bring down the value of the car and wear on parts that may not be easily obtainable. A popular method of getting these antique cars where they need to go is using enclosed transport trailers. Luckily, Exotic Car Transport has the experience required to ship these types of vehicles.
What is Enclosed Transport?
Antique cars require protection that keeps all sides of the vehicle safe. Enclosed shipping trailers are hard-sided trailers that protect vehicles from potential dangers that an open transport does not have the capability of doing.
Weather is often the biggest enemy of an antique car. Hail can damage not only the glass of the vehicle, but it can cause dents and scratch paint jobs. Exotic Car Transport does not have any way of controlling the weather, but we do have a way to protect your car from it with our enclosed trailers.
Enclosed transport trailers also utilize hydraulic lift systems that allow your vehicle to be lifted horizontally onto the trailer. The vehicle is then secured with soft-tie downs that fasten over the wheel, allowing the natural suspension movement during transport. This helps reduce strain from traditional tie-down methods.
Extensive Coverage on the Road
Enclosed transport trailers have a more comprehensive insurance policy coverage. Most enclosed transports are reserved for higher-valued vehicles, which requires a higher level of insurance coverage.
Besides our comprehensive insurance, enclosed trailer drivers are highly skilled in this specific type of transport. It takes special operations training for the specialized equipment utilized in an enclosed transport.
Pricing for Antique Car Shipping
Enclosed transport shipping is a little more expensive than using an open transport trailer. The trailer itself costs more to purchase and maintain than an open transport trailer. The equipment in an enclosed transport trailer is also specialized for higher-end vehicles and their components.
Comprehensive insurance also plays a role in the pricing of the shipment. This is only to help keep your assets covered at higher-values.
Just like open transport, some specifics will determine the amount shipping your antique car will cost. To help with establishing an accurate quote, make sure you have all special information and circumstances ready when calling.
- Description of the antique car
- The information that we find most helpful is the year, make, and model. The information helps us determine the size and weight of the vehicle. Modifications are also important, especially for shipping outside of the country.
- Pick-up and drop-off information
- When requesting door-to-door service, the most accurate quotes are ones that have specific addresses included. Even a difference in a few miles can change a price quote.
- When you need the shipment
- Time can play a huge factor in pricing. The sooner that you need the shipment done, the more you can expect to pay. Expedited shipping is available, but at a cost. The season you are shipping in also fluctuates the price.
This information can help you get the most accurate quote possible for shipping your antique car. We offer a variety of shipping methods, even with the enclosed transport services.
- One of the more popular choices in antique car shipping, door-to-door, is when you give us the point of pick-up and the destination of the drop-off with no additional distance necessary for the vehicle.
- Terminal shipping
- If you are not in an extreme hurry for your vehicle, and you are okay with your vehicle being transported with a group, terminal shipping is a more cost-effective solution. When you make a terminal shipment, you drop your car off at a specified shipping terminal. These are generally found in larger cities. Your antique car will then be loaded and transported to another terminal that is closest to the location where you want it shipped to. You would then go to the terminal, verify the vehicle is yours, and take possession of it.
Terminal shipping can be a cheaper option, only because it is a bulk shipment. One enclosed trailer is shipping multiple vehicles to one set location. This reduces the gas and mileage required and is often calculated based on the vehicles.
Antique Car Shipping Done Right
Exotic Car Transport takes pride in its exceptional shipping record and reputation. Using enclosed transport trailers to ship your antique car safely is a priority for our team. Our experienced drivers are leaders in the industry and understand the value of your restoration.
If you are looking for the best company to ship your antique car where you need it to go, Exotic Car Transport has all of your needs taken care of in one place. You will be a part of the shipping process from the quote until your car is delivered in the same condition it was in when we picked it up. That’s a promise you can rely on.