Do you need to transport your car but are a bit confused about the lingo? We get it! We car shippers and haulers really like our jargon.
So, if you were wondering what single vehicle transport is and if you need this service, then this page is for you.
What Are Single Vehicle Transport Services?
This car transportation method is used when a mini-truck ships one single vehicle on the back. It can also be an enclosed trailer used for luxury cars, classic cars, or special vehicles that require extra care.
Cars are transported onto the back of the truck or trailer secured by strapping down the wheels.
Options for Single Vehicle Transport
- A single car open trailer is when the vehicle is hauled behind a truck. It is usually used as a shipping method for short distances or special vehicles.
- Single car enclosed trailers are ideal when the vehicle is hauled, but this time the trailer is covered offering full protection to the transported vehicle.
Single car open transport is one the most used car shipping services. If you have a classic or vintage car whose value you want to protect, then you need to opt for a single car enclosed trailer.
One of the cons of shipping one single vehicle is the costs. Shipping companies offer more competitive rates when it comes to shipping several cars at the same time as it’s more efficient when it comes to fuel consumption, labor costs, and so on.
Unless your vehicle requires special transportation, a single-vehicle transport might be pricey.
How to Choose the Best Service for Your Car
- Find a reliable and trusted car shipping company.
- Understand the type of service that will benefit your car the most.
- Ask about the type of insurance and safety measures the company offers.
- Research the costs of single-vehicle transport.
- Make sure the company operates in the areas of your interest.
Benefits of Single Vehicle Transport
- Reduce the risk of damage to your car.
- If you choose enclosed transport, it will offer extra safety to your car.
- The shipping company will plan all the details for you and help you ship it in the best way possible.
- It helps you save time as you do not have to think of all the details that come with planning a car shipping.
- It can help save money as you don’t have to spend on fuel and other expenses that would occur during transit if you would transport it yourself.
- It is safer than driving the car yourself.
- You can also choose to have door-to-door service.
- Prevents you from having additional car maintenance costs.
- You might be able to get discounts from the shipping companies.
Single car transport can be the best choice for you if you are relocating or simply need to get your car to a new destination.
We Can Help
Exotic Car Transport has extensive experience in transporting luxury cars. Get in touch with us to find out more about our services.